Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!!

So I know my birthday was forever ago, but it was such a great day I needed to jot it down for my memory. I am way behind on my blogging and them memories are fading so I better play a little catch up first. Tyler and the kids made me this yummy cake that I picked out, lemon supreme, Mmmmm! He made it the night before my actual birthday because we were going to be gone on the actual day.

Tyler had to work that day, so I made my own plans with some of my favorite people that I don't get to see very often. Lauren had the day off from school, so that made it nice. We woke up and packed an over night bag and headed off to IKEA to meet up with Deanne and Jesica. They were both my neighbors when we lived in Orem and I have stayed in touch with them over the years. We had lunch there and did a little shopping. It is always so great to spend time with them. I miss them and wish we lived closer so we could get together more often. Thanks ladies for a great day. After that I went and met up with Tyler who was working in Orem for the day and dropped the kids off with him. I then went and got my best present for the day, a massage from my favorite massage therapist and friend Sharon Muir. She offered me a free one for my birthday and I just couldn't turn it down. It had been forever since I had seen her though, so I was more excited to just catch up and visit with her. Thanks again Sharon for the great gift, you are an amazing woman and I am lucky to call you my friend. If any of you are looking for a great massage in Utah County here is a link to her site Everybody Wellcome. Even if you don't live in Utah County, she is worth the drive. After my massage I met back up with Tyler and the kids and we went to dinner at one of my favorite places to eat in Utah County, Los Hermanos. it was super yummy and lots of fun. They even sang to me and gave me free fried ice cream, yum!


The weather was supposed to be kind of yucky that night and the next morning, so we had decided to just stay down there for the night, since Tyler was working there again the next day so it didn't really make sense to drive all the way home that late and drive back the next morning. So after dinner we went and spent the night with my Aunt Laurel and Uncle Richard in Alpine. I lived with them for awhile before Tyler and I got married, so it was nice to be back there to spend some time with them. Thanks guys for putting us up for the night. The next morning Tyler was off early to work and me and the kids packed up and headed home in time to get Lauren ready and off to school. I had a fabulous day and was so lucky to have so many wonderful people around me to help make it a great birthday. Thank you everyone who helped me celebrate, I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment