Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lauren's First Day of School

I can't believe we are already to that point in our lives. Our little sweetheart started kindergarten about a month ago and she is absolutely loving it. Everyday she comes home and tells me just how much she loves school and how nice her teacher is and what friends she played with that day. Everyday I ask her, so what did you do today and without fail the first thing she tells me about is recess, sounds typical right. It's usually not until later conversations that she remembers what she actually learned that day. It is so exciting for us as parents to see her excited about learning. I just hope that excitment continues after kindergarten. Logan is the one who is having a hard time with all this. Everyday about an hour after Lauren leaves he starts asking when sissy is going to be home. I need to be better about planning and doing stuff with him. So far it has just been run around with mommy and do errands while sissy is gone and he gets pretty tired of that quick. I am trying to do better about inviting friends over for him to play with so he can have his time. Next year I am definately putting him in preschool, I think with Lauren gone all day he will definately need something more to keep him occupied and time to get out socially. Until then I need to be a better mommy and get down and play with him more.

Here are some fun pictures from Lauren's first day




3 comments:

  1. YES! I'm your first comment ever. :) I love this post. You're such a great mom. Don't worry we are all trying to play the balancing act.Between getting the kids to school, preparing healthy home cooked meals, keeping the house clean, running errands and still finding time to play, listen, teach, hug the kids often. I just promised myself this evening that I was going to do a lot better! I'm so glad you started a blog! Its a great way to keep track of your family. The time flies so fast and is so precious. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that 1st picture of Lauren, she is such a cutie! Glad that she's enjoying school. You should have Logan come over sometime, Dre would love to have a playmate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kindergarten is bittersweet, isn't it? You're excited to see them go and grow, but at the same time... it's hard to see them go and grow. Love your blog - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete