Friday, September 25, 2009

Sunday Drive

Last Sunday we decided to take a nice Sunday drive up to the mountains. The weather was so perfect we just needed to get out in it. We grabbed a few snacks, a fishing pole, and the camera and hopped in the car. We drove up and over Mountain Green and down into Pineview. We found a little secluded beach to hike down to and just played. Tyler threw out a line on his pole but didn't have much luck. The kids had a great time playing in the sand and getting their feet wet. Logan was a little hesitant to get too close to the water at first, which is why his name in the sand is up high on the beach, but eventually he got brave enough to get em wet. I spent my time taking pictures as you will see by the abundance of them. I thought a few of them turned out pretty darn good that I might even get them blown up.



I have seen a lot of people get their pictures taken recently and they take them on a slight angle, so this is my attempt at that.


Lauren and Logan really are the best of buds. They do have their share of fights, but for the most part they play really well together. I just love this picture of the two of them. I hope they can always stay close.


Following in Daddy's footsteps. Wherever daddy is Logan is ALWAYS close behind.


I found this cool tree further up on the beach and decided to try some photos up there. I love the individual ones of the kids. Those are the ones I want to enlarge and frame.




Tyler concentrating on fishing. This summer is the first time we have really done any fishing with the kids and so far the only place we have caught any was at the fish farm. We have definately got to find some better places to go fishing if Tyler is going to teach Logan to love it as much as he does. I am sure there will many father and son's trips in the future and fishing is a must.


By this point the kids were done with Mommy taking pictures but I bribed them into one more set. Tyler laughed at me when he saw this one, cause it looks like an engagement photo. He is right, but I think it is cute.


If you didn't believe me about Lauren being a poser, here is some more proof. She is making kissy lips in the first one and the second one speaks for itself. No I don't put her in her poses, she comes up with them all on her own.


After the beach we found this really neat park that was in a grove of pine trees, very shady and cool. The kids climbed up into this tree and of course I had to take some more pictures. This is the only one that turned out all right, and then I ran out of memory on the camera, so I didn't get any of the cool playground. It will definatly be a place we return too when we are in the area again.

I just love spending time outside on a beautiful day, especially in the mountains. It was nice to get out and clear my head and just enjoy all the beauty we have around us. I definetly want to do this again soon.

7 comments:

  1. That park is our favorite place to go. We call it our secret spot and we have been going for a few years. We even go up to that park to watch the fireworks in July. That's funny! All of your pictures are so cute and I am way excited that you did a blog. If you go up to the park again you'll have to get ice cream at the little place right behind the park. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know you had a blog! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures. Maybe know i won't be the only one that has my camera eveywhere:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures! I'm glad you are blogging I was going to ask you the other day if you had one and then I saw it on Kaycee's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOORAY!!! I'm so glad you jumped on the bandwagon! Your photos are adorable. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures of Lauren-too funny!!! Great spot and I have to agree with Tyler that that does look like an engagement pic ;)

    ReplyDelete