Monday, December 21, 2009

All Wrapped Up!!

I have been hiding all of our Christmas presents over at Tyler's office this year, because the kids are getting too good at finding my hiding spots in the house. I was thinking it would be nice to wrap them over there too, but it is kind of a dark scary place to be alone at in the dark, so I decided to turn it into a little ladies night out wrapping party. Everyone brought over all their loot along with all the wrapping paper and bows you could ever need. All that teamed up with goodies galore, hot chocolate, and Christmas music and we were set. I never knew wrapping presents could be so much fun. I am the type that normally waits til Christmas eve to get it all done, but I think I like this way much better now. It feels good knowing that I am all ready when the big day comes.


Thursday Lauren had her Polar Express party at school and I got to go and help in the classroom. Logan was lucky and got to come and help me as well. They started the party with refreshments of hot cocoa and cupcakes.


After they had their refreshments they went to Conductor Hatch to pick up their passports. Mrs. Hatch was so cute all dressed up. The kids really got a good chuckle from the conductor.


After all the passports were handed out the kids went and climbed on board the train. They took a trip around the world and visited Mexico, China, Holland,and back to the U.S. At each stop they learned something about the different Christmas traditions from that country. Logan and I made it half way through the party when Logan decided to have a complete and utter meltdown. One little thing didn't go his way and there was no turning back. I had to drag him out of the school kicking and screaming. The principal even came out of the office to see what all the commotion was about. I think in the future I will leave Logan elsewhere when I go help at the parties. He is just not quite ready for it yet.


Saturday night we had our annual family Christmas party for my dad's side of the family. We alsways have a great potluck dinner followed by a special visit from Santa. My aunt Jean hires a Santa to come every year and even provides a toy for each of the kids for a gift from Santa. It really is a lot of fun.

Here is my cute Grandma and Grandpa Perschon.

Lauren was picked to be one of Santas helpers to sing Jingle Bells


Lauren on Santa's lap. This is Lauren's first year sitting on Santa's without crying.


Logan on Santa's lap. He was a little more shy and wanted daddy to go with him, but eventually made his way up there by himself.


Lauren got this cute music box from Santa.


Logan got this awesome set of Lego's from Santa


I can't believe how fast this month has flown by. I guess time really does fly when you are having fun. Only four more days to go, lets see how much more fun we can have between now and then.

1 comment:

  1. Your grandparents are so cute! That is so neat to have a family party and hire a Santa...fun times. This month has flown by! Thanks again for helping me out today!

    ReplyDelete