Sunday, December 13, 2009

Kissletoe!!

Have I mentioned that I love this time of year. We have been having so much fun together as a family this month. I need to try harder all year to make our home this fun. It is a lot of work though, so that is probably why I can only do it one month out of the year. We had another great weekend full of count down surprises planned for the kids. Friday night was our second annual sleepover movie night in the living room. We did this two years ago and the kids really liked it so I decided to do it again this year. We bring all of our mattresses out in the living room and have a big sleepover. This year we watched all three Santa Claus movies. At one point in the movie Santa makes some mistletoe appear magically and Lauren says to us, "Oh look there is some kissletoe." She really thought that is what it is called. Tyler and I got a pretty good laugh out of that one. Lauren was embaressed but we thought it was pretty cute and now have a new name for mistletoe. We had a lot of fun and will continue to do this every year now.


These are just a few of the random things the kids got over the last week in their advent bags.


On Saturday Lauren and I got to go and have a girls day out. Lauren's friend Libbi invited her and I to go with them to see The Princess and The Frog. The movie was different and not what I expected, but very cute. Thanks again Patillo girls for a fun day.


The rest of the weekend was spent in the kitchen baking. We made fudge, rudolph cookies, white chocolate covered marshmallow snowmen, chocolate covered pretzels, three different kinds of cookies and caramel.

These are the cute rudolphs and snowmen the kids are giving out to their friends.



400 pieces of caramel cut and wrapped, my hands still hurt.

All wrapped up and ready to be given out. I bet you can't guess what we are doing for family night tomorrow!!

12 more days til Christmas, means lots more fun to come!!

2 comments:

  1. I need to steal some of your ambition. That's looks like a lot of yummy treats. And I love the sleeping in the family room idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!! All of your treats look delicious...what a lot of work!!!! We are doing the countdown with our kids too and it is a lot of work. There is no way I could do it everyday all year long, but I am going to make it a goal to do it a few times a week. Wish me luck!!!

    ReplyDelete