Sunday, May 2, 2010

6 going on 16!!

April 15th Lauren had her 6th birthday. I can't believe she is six already, she is growing up way too fast and is definitely too smart and sassy for her age. I absolutely love her for it though. She is getting to the age where I really don't mind taking her places, in fact sometimes I prefer to have her along. She is such a fun little girl and her daddy and I love her so much.
I bought her a new outfit to wear to school that day and had it all wrapped up and waiting for her when she woke up that morning. She was sad though that she had to wait for dad to get home before she could open up the rest of them.

Before school we went out and got some doughnuts for breakfast and she got to pick out a new toy while we were shopping for some last minute things for her party. After school she had her friend Gracyn over to play for awhile before Tyler got home. Lauren got to choose what she wanted for dinner that night and an activity she wanted to do. She choose to have a picnic at the park with pizza.
After the park we came home and opened presents.



The previous weekend we had gone to D.I. looking for a few things and Lauren found and fell in love with this big horse that you could sit on. She wanted it SOOO bad. I have never seen her bed, plead and cry for something more in her life. She kept saying, I want it more than anything in the world. Had Tyler not been there, I probably would have broke down, but Tyler kept me strong and we decided not to buy it. She cried and threw the BIGGEST fit ever. After we left we went to Del Taco across the street for dinner. While there Tyler and I talked about it and decided we should go back and get it for her birthday. It was only $6.00 and with a little soap and water could be looking good in no time. So we told the kids that Tyler was going to go and get gas in the car while they played a little longer, and he went and bought the horse. Lauren talked about that horse all week. That was all she wanted for her birthday and kept saying maybe we could find another one somewhere for her.
So after opening all her presents, Tyler told her she had one more surprise, she got to make a birthday wish, and here is her wish.

I think she likes it!!
Lauren choose brownies and ice cream for her treat, and here she is blowing out her candles.
She had a fabulously fun filled day.
We love you Lauren!!

No comments:

Post a Comment