Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pretty in Pink!!

So Lauren and I decided that her theme for her this party this year was going to be PINK!! I think I had a little more fun planning it than she did, but we both had a great time.
Here is our table setting.
I bought some old glass cups and such and filled them with all the pink candy I could find. We had pink animal cookies, pink bubble gum, pink taffy, pink whoppers, and pink mint candies.
When I first told Lauren about my idea for a pink party, she didn't like it and said she wanted to have a puppy party. In looking around for cake ideas I found this pink poodle cake and that made Lauren happy and on board with the pink party theme.
I just love the way her cake turned out!!
Now that we had everything set up, it was time for the guests to start arriving.
Here is our guest list:

Such a cute group of girls!!
Here they are playing around waiting for the party to get started.
Our first game we played was bingo, which I now realize I neglected to get any pictures of. After bingo, the girls made their own necklaces.
Lauren picked out a princess game like pin the tail on the donkey, and here are the girls all lined up and ready to go.
Lauryn Marietti won the prize this time.
Look how cute all these girls are in their pink. I just love it!!
I told them to strike a pose, can you tell by the way Lauren is standing? She cracks me up!!
Lauren was so lucky that her BFF Hailey just happened to be in town for a dance competition that weekend and got to surprise her and come to the party. She was so happy to have her there. The night before we went and watched her dance, then she got to come over and play for awhile. They each had some money to spend from different things so I took them to the store and they picked out matching CTR necklaces, which automatically meant they were in a secret club together. They are so cute together.
Hailey had to dance that day at 1:00 so she had to leave before the party was over so we hurried and opened presents. Somewhere online I saw this cute idea to take a picture of the birthday kid with each of their friends along with the gift they brought. I thought that was a great idea, so that is just what I did.




After presents we did cake and ice cream.
I bought these fun cups from the dollar store and put a pink sugar rim around the top and filled them with cherry 7-up. The girls thought they were so cool and even more excited when they found out they could take them home.
The girls played for awhile until everyone was done with their cake and ice cream and then we played the last game quick before all the parents came. I tried the musical present game again, and it went over better with the older crowd.
Here is Gracyn showing off her fun prize she unwrapped.
The party turned out to be a complete success. The weather could not have been nicer and all the girls had a blast. The nice thing about having my kids birthdays so close is that now I don't have to plan another party for another year, thank goodness.
Thank you everyone who helped make it such a special day for Lauren!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I JUST LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE PINK IS FANTASTIC!!!! YOU SHOT THE BEST PICS!! CAN YOU TELL I'M SHOUTING?? WELL I AM BECAUSE I TOTALLY WANT TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS NOW FOR MY GIRLS ON THEIR BIRTHDAY!!!! You just gave me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Lauren looked smashing! She's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete