Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Conference Weekend

This weekend was conference and we decided we didn't want to sit around our house so we called up Tyler's cousin Sandi to see if we could come down and visit for the weekend. We had good intentions of getting up early Saturday morning and getting a good start down there, but we were slow to get a move on and didn't get there til noon. Lauren was really excited to go and see Hayden again. When I told her she said, is that the Hayden who is my bestest friend who I play really good with. And they really do play really well together. Friday was Hayden birthday so we bought him a bubble gum machine for his present and he loved it. I don't think there was a moment the whole weekend when the kids didn't have their mouth full of gum.


Sandi made Hayden the coolest birthday cake. Instead of an actual cake,she made him a haunted gingerbread house. It even had lights in it that you could turn off and on. Good job Sandi, very creative. All the kids just stared at it all day until they were finally given permission to break into it. They took it with us over to Sandi's parents house Saturday night so that they could see it and some of Hayden's other cousins could join in on the fun. While we were at Sandi's parents house, Uncle Bill and Aunt Carol's, all the men went to priesthood session together while the wives and kids played at home. They have a tradition of all getting together and doing pizza and pie. Everyone brings their own homemade pizza and Aunt Carol makes her yummy apple pie and any other goodies people bring to share with everyone. It was a lot of fun.


When we first got there it was between sessions of conference and we decided to drive up the canyon a little bit and take some family pictures. Who knew it was so hard to get four people to look at the camera at one, let alone smile. We had a really good time up in the canyon though and did end up with a few decent pictures out of the 200 hundred or so we took.
Sandi, Rick, Hayden and Josh

Best Buds Lauren and Hayden


Lauren, Hayden and Logan walking back to the car.


Beautiful Lauren


The only pictures I could get of Lauren and Logan together.



It has been years since Tyler and I had a good picture taken of the two of us, probably since our wedding actually. I am not fond of being in pictures but I think this one actually turned out pretty good.


And these are the best of the many we took of our little family, not perfect, but they will definately work. Thanks Rick for the use of your great camera. Definately better than the option we came with.






After Priesthood session, we went back to Rick and Sandi's and put the kids to bed and then we stayed up late playing games and talking. It was a great night. Sunday morning we woke up to the smell of bacon and had a yummy breakfast and watched the morning session of conference. We hung out for a little longer when it was over and got packed back up and left just in time for the afternoon session of conference so we could listen to it in the car.
Thanks again Rick and Sandi for a great weekend. We all really had a great time and look forward to our next get together.

8 comments:

  1. Those are really great pictures. I love the second one of your kids really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so much fun! I LOVE your family pictures, they are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to spend conference weekend! Your pictures turned out so dang cute...all of them!!! I love when the leaves have pinks in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute family pics! I love the fall colors behind ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are party animals! What a fun way to spend conferance weekend. I love the family pics, your family has really grown a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys do know how to have fun. That's why I don't like being so far away from you. The pictures turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YaY! Krista I love that you have a blog. Brit & I love to blog although I havn't done much in a while. I always have known that you & I have so much in common. I used to do all kinds of botiques and things you do :)

    I love your family!
    A D O R A B L E!!

    I need to be in bed right now so I will visit more later, but you now have a new follower! :)

    Have a GREAT w/e :)

    Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS. My latest blog has a picture of your husband and son. ;) Check it out!

    ReplyDelete