Monday, October 19, 2009

Logan's Day at the dinosaur park

So ever since Lauren started school I have been telling myself I need to plan some special stuff to do with just Logan, so finally a month later I got something planned. I invited a bunch of the boys in the neighborhood for a special boys day at the dino park. When I told Logan about it, he was so excited. He said to me, only my friends and not sissy's friends, I said yep and he screamed from excitement. He counted down the days til he got to go. At our house the counting down of days is done by sleeps. So the kids will say only 2 more sleeps til such and such, I'm not sure where that method came from, I think it is something Lauren came up with, but it works great. So the big day arrived and as we were driving there, it started to rain. It wasn't too bad though and only sprinkled a little bit. It actually made it good cause there was hardly anyone there, it felt like we had the place to ourselves.

This picture is Jed, Aiden, Logan and Parker in front of the robot dinosaurs. It's dark in the room so it is hard to tell but the have a T-rex trying to fight with a mommy triceratops and her babies. The kids are usually scared of these ones at first but the usually warm up to them pretty quickly when they realize they are not real and aren't going to get them.
This is our gaggle of boys we had with us this day. Left to right we have Dreyson, Aiden, Griffin, Spencer, Logan, Jed, Jace, and Parker. We also had three cute baby girls with us too.

During the month of October they decorate the park with tons of Halloween stuff. A few years ago we came here during October also and they had dead bloody bodies hanging out of every dinosaurs mouth. The kids were all terrified and we didn't make it that far. This year I was happy to see that is was a lot more kid friendly and not quite so scary and gory. This is Logan sitting on the steps full of pumpkins.


Cute Logan, If only I could get him to actually look at the camera. This was the closest I could get.


The boys entering the park area. They have a big fun playground for the kids to play on, which is ually where we spend most of our time.


Logan riding a dinosaur at the playground.

These last pictures are some of the decor they have around the park right now. It added a little excitment to our trip that day to see who got scared of what.



Lauren was kind of sad at first that she didn't get to go but she got over it and was excited for Logan to get to go with his friends. In her prayers the night before she even prayed that Logan would have fun with all his friends at the dinosaur park. Well thanks for your prayers Lauren because we all had a great time. It is really fun for me to see Logan interact with all his friends. He is such a boy and gets so excited about this kind of stuff and absolutly loves to play with all his friends. Thanks everyone for coming and making it a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment