Thursday, October 22, 2009

Primary Program

This past sunday, our primary had their sacrament program. I have always loved the primary program, especially the good laughs you get at the cute kids that either put their mouths on the microphone or scream into the mic or forget their lines and say other funny things instead. Now as a parent I love it even more. Lauren had a rather long part she had to say this year compared to a lot of the other kids, but she had it memorized after me telling it to her one time. We practiced several times before the big day and talked about speaking slowly and loud enough. When it was her turn to go up, I got a little nervous for her, but she stepped up to the microphone and said her part SO good. Tyler and I were both grinning from ear to ear and had to laugh to keep us from crying. I was so proud of her. Logan on the other hand didn't enjoy the program as much. I thought it would hold his attention better than the normal sacrament, but he kept asking when he got to go to his nursery. At one point he even said rather loudly, "Agh this is BORING, BORING, BORING, when is this going to be over." We got a lot of chuckles from those other families sitting near us. I told Logan he was going to get to go up there next year when he was in primary, to which he responded, "NO, I don't want to ever go up there." That should be an interesting battle next year. I am so very grateful for those in primary who teach my children. They do a great job and we really appreciate all they do. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment