Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkins, pumpkins and more pumpkins

The Halloween season is among us and with that comes all kinds of pumpkin opportunities. Over the past couple weeks we have had three fun encounters. The first encounter happened at my grandparents. They have several acres of land that they lease out for someone to farm cause they are getting to old to do it themselves. One of the many things they grow is pumpkins. My grandparents are allowed to let any of their family go and pick whatever they want that is growing, so for the past couple of years we have gone to pick our own pumpkins. The kids have a blast picking out their own pumpkins and seeing who can find the biggest one. Before we left Tyler said to me make sure you have the camera. So I grab the camera bag and even grab some extra batteries. As soon as we got there I went to pull out the camera only to fine that the camera is not in the bag. Dang it, I hate when that happens. I had the kids all cute in their halloween shirts and ready for their photo op. Oh well, these pictures are from later with the results of our pumpkin picking. I just love a portch full of pumpkins.


Our next pumpkin encounter was at Black Island Farms. We went with my friend Jenny and her kids, thanks again for the invite. The kids had a great time. There was so much for them to do there. First we started out with a tractor trailor ride into the pumpkin patch, where the kids got to pick out their own pumpkins.



Next we went into a big play area for the kids where they had these fun slides built out of hay bales for the kids to slide down. They could have gone up and down these things all day.

After awhile on the slides, they did pig races. It was kind of fun watching those little piggies running around there. The kids got a kick out of that.


On to more fun stuff in the corn pit and the big pumpkin bounce house.


And lastly was the little train ride that took them all around and weaved in and out of the corn. As I said before, the kids could have stayed there for hours but unfortunately Lauren had to get to school. We will definately have to plan to do this again next year, it was a blast!!



And our third and final pumpkin encounter was the Syracuse pumpkin walk. I have heard about this in years past, but never gone before. I am glad I was reminded of it early enough this year to get it in. They have hundreds of pumpkin carved and donated to display. They line them all up around this park and light them up at night for people to walk through and look at. It was fun seeing just how creative you can get when carving them. This too will have to become a tradition each year, especially because it is free which is always good.




One more week til Halloween and with atleast three Halloween activites on the calendar for the week I am sure we will have many more pumpkin encounters. From now til the end of the year is super crazy, but super fun. I love this time of year!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pics and what a fun blog you have! I love reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You guys have been so busy. I had fun catching up with all of your adventures.

    p.s. I think I must think like you because I don't think it's weird at all to be a little sad to say goodbye to the box tops. I would probably go buy 6 more items, too.

    ReplyDelete