Friday, October 30, 2009

Lauren's Halloween Fun!!

On Wednesday afternoon Lauren invited three of her friends from school over to have a halloween cookie party. I baked up a ton of pumpkin sugar cookies and had them all ready for the girls to decorate when they got here after school. I had each of the girls bring a cookie topping. We had three different colors of frosting, candy corns, chocolate chips, M&M's, and sprinkles, yummy!! The girls had been talking about this all week and were so excited to just be together. They had a lot of fun and did a great job decorating their cookies. After they were done decorating they played barbies and did a lot of giggling. I am so glad Lauren is making such good friends in school.

Hannah, Gracyn, Libbi, and Lauren

Then on Thursday Lauren had her halloween party at school. She was so excited to get all dressed up. I bought this green face paint and Lauren has been dying to put it on her face. So finally we got her face all painted up and ready to go. I happened to look through Lauren's backpack and found a paper talking about the party and it mentioned that facepaint was not allowed. I told Lauren that she was probably OK with hers since we already had it on her and it was more of a see through tint on her face so nothing too dramatic, but Lauren said, no mom Mrs. Hatch will get mad at me if I wear face paint, so I will have to take it off. I was very proud of her for making the right choice even though her mom was trying to tell her differently. She was right and I should have followed the rules better, even though I know she would not have gotten trouble. Thanks for the lesson Lauren. Here she is all dolled up and ready to go.

I got to go and help in her classroom for the party and it was a lot of fun. They started out by singing this fun halloween song Witches Brew that they have been learning all month. It was cute. They then went around to each table and did the different activites. I was in charge of helping them make their candy necklaces. I really enjoy my time spent in her classroom. I think everyone really had a great time.


2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for a playdate! You are a great mom and Lauren looked so cute in her costume. The class parties are so much fun! Happy Halloween!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookie party looked fun, what a cute group of girls! Love Lauren's Halloween costume!

    ReplyDelete